Thursday 28 November 2013

'It's Thanksgiving' Child Stars

It never fails to amaze me just how many people out there that are willing to do literally anything to try and become a child star! I mean we've got the ones who do generally have a talent, maybe they can sing, dance, do some weird and wonderful thing. Which yes I suppose can be warranted some exposure. But it's the ones such as all the child 'stars' that it's clear have only gotten their record deal or reality show purely because Mummy and Daddy were willing to pay for it! The most famous example is probably Rebecca Black. I think we all remember the lyrical genius that came up with 'Got to have my bowl, got to have cereal!' In 'Friday'! Oh memories aye?

But the one that stands out to me is the wonderfully auto-tuned rendition of 'It's Thanksgiving' by Nicole Westbrook. The lyrics are awful. The video is poor and don't get me wrong the girl doesn't sound terrible singing but she is blatently been heavily edited. Curtosy of parents who were desperate for thier little angel to be the next Disney megastar! But unfortunatley love we've all fallen far too much savvy to these types of media promotions now to even acknowledge this anymore. I think it's safe to say Nicole won't be making it into any of the charts any time soon.

Although I do comend her on the fact that I've managed to endure this oh so delightful video and song even though I live in England and we don't even celebrate Thanksgiving! So I congratulate her for that! All I can say is enjoy your 15 minutes of fame, I hate to be cruel but I really don't see it lasting. Unless Mummy and Daddy pay for yet another single for her...

For those of you who haven't heard the oh so delightful song (lucky you!) then I've posted the video below. Just in case like me you're too curious not to!



Let me know what you think.

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment